If you're reading this, I miss you. Read updates about my experience as a Peace Corps Volunteer here, and please send me email updates about your life. Also, add me on Skype so I can see your cute face. Feel free to leave comments!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Sending Care Packages - Update

The address listed here can only be used for the first 5 weeks of training. (Obviously, I’m not expecting anything anytime soon. When I know what things I will want if you are so inclined, I will post a wish list). After that, I will need to wait for my site placement to get a new address. Currently, packages are taking about a month to arrive. Bubble envelopes are best, followed by flat rate boxes.

Packages are less likely to be opened and examined if they look religious. You can put Jesus stickers on envelopes, draw crosses, write religious things, or address them to “Sister Megan Lawless.” Jacqui and Jesse, if you send anything I expect you to go all out. Also, on the customs form, NEVER state the real value of the package; max state $5. Finally, list the contents as school supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment